Botanical Illustration – the complete guide
Currently out of stock
Understand the processes and methods behind botanical illustration, and learn to observe, draw and paint plants accurately and beautifully
Botanical Illustration – the complete guide explains the processes and methods behind this beautiful art genre. It highlights the importance of the requisite skills of close observation, accurate drawing and attention to detail. Written by a leading artist and tutor, it demonstrates Leigh Ann Gale’s approach through step-by-step sequences and her exquisite finished artwork. Lavishly illustrated with over 350 images, this book is a complete and inspiring guide for all botanical artists.
- Introduction to botany and a comprehensive botanical glossary
- A case study demonstrates each stage of a worked example, including the selection and preparation of a subject, observational drawings, composition skills and painting processes
- Step-by-step instructions cover many subjects, from creating shine on leaves and berries, to painting white flowers and depicting hairs on leaves and stems
- Guide to colour theory and how to mix colours accurately to match your specimens and make the most of your watercolour palette
- Ideas on how to continue, and develop your own style of botanical illustration
All book orders will be signed “best wishes, Leigh Ann Gale”, but if you would like a personal inscription, please provide details with your order. If you do not wish your book to be signed at all, please advise Leigh Ann when ordering, thank you.
Hardback 208 pages
391 colour images
“This is a must have book for all those interested in botanical painting. Eminently readable, beautifully illustrated and inspirational.”
“Leigh Ann has done a great job of illustrating, advising and describing every aspect to botanical painting for anyone who would like to try their hand at painting flowers, trees, leaves and fruits.”